The Great Expectations Program is a scientifically-based research educational reform model that combines the best practices of instruction and character development by merging a culture of respect with academic excellence. The program helps children develop the social skills and character traits that nurture their hearts while the classroom practices used by teachers build their brains. This program combines a culture of respect and academic excellence to transform schools.
Establishing a Climate of Mutual Respect
Eight Expectations for Living:
• We will not laugh at or make fun of a person’s mistakes nor use sarcasm or putdowns.
• We will use good manners, saying “please,” “thank you,” and “excuse me” and allow others to go first.
• We will cheer each other to success.
• We will help one another whenever possible.
• We will recognize every effort and applaud it.
• We will encourage each other to do our best.
• We will practice virtuous living, using the Life Principles.
Conscious Discipline is a leader in classroom management and provides a transformational, whole-school solution for social-emotional learning, discipline, and self-regulation.